Multiplying your Rental Profits from the Serviced
So. .. you’ve got some property, or you’re thinking of a Buy to Let. Your idea is to rent it out to the tourist market, make some easy cash and retire into the lap of luxury. It sounds like a plan! And honestly, if you’ve got the funds for the initial investment, it’s far from being pie in the sky. Or perhaps you would like to satisfy the fast growing Serviced Apartment business market and help other landlords as well as developing your own niche SA business. But here’s a really important question – do you know what you are doing? How robust is your Business Plan? And more importantly, are you ready for the action necessary to take bookings – fast.
Our Workshops will help you through the pitfalls of setting up a your SA Business.
One Day Workshops
Click on the workshop (or complete the form for Birmingham) to reserve your place:
Saturday 22nd April – Maidenhead (9am-6pm) – £399; Early bird £199
Here are some of the really important questions:
- Do you know what you are doing?
- And, do you know how to optimize bookings and cash flow?
- Is what you plan to do legal?
- Is your design quality good enough for high occupancy rates?
- Do you know which markets are your best customers?
- Is your business properly systemised so you won’t get swamped with marketing and admin?
Our one-day Workshops will help make your Serviced Accommodation business profitable and easy to manage and will cover:
- Why consider the Serviced Accommodation and Serviced Apartment markets?
- Securing the right property in the right location:
- Identifying the correct property
- How to source SA property
- Do’s and Don’ts inc. “blending” into your community
- Identifying your ‘Goldmine Area’
- Rent to Rent strategies
- The Markets:
- Holiday Makers vs Contractors
- The 18 Market Segments
- The Fast growing Serviced Apartment sector
- Researching the markets
- Preparing your property for letting and setting up your SA Business:
- Design and decoration
- Staging and dressing your accommodation
- Professional photography
- Setting up your on-line marketing and booking systems
- Streamlining your business so you won’t get “snowed under”
- Managing and delegating
- Online tools available inc. channel managers
- Back-office systems and documentation
- Do’s and Dont’s
- Setting up your house-keeping
- Customer Service
- Marketing your accommodation
- Marketing and pricing
- Listing Sites and OTAs (Online Travel Agents)
- Facebook marketing
- Your website and booking page
- Importance of channel managers
- Understanding how to price for profitability
- Maximising Profit, Handling Money and Securing Bookings
- Avoiding the Common Pitfalls
- The Rules and Regulations
- Legislation and the “Pink Book”
- Immigration Order and your Guest Register
- Blocks of Flats/Freeholders
- Duty of Care to your guests
- Lenders’ terms
- Taxation – Important Exemptions and Allowances.
John is an experienced property investor, accomplished speaker and property meeting host. He is also host to hundreds of guests in his holiday lets, ex local authority houses for self employed contractors and serviced accommodation throughout the UK. He has recently converted a further three properties in Beds. Bucks. and Glasgow for the SA markets and his specialty is to manage remotely, without seeing a guest – not something he would recommend for all guest types! Currently, he is devising the SA Business System for city centre office to residential conversions in several towns and cities across southern England.
John was one of the first people to join airbnb in March 2012 when it bought Crashpadder. He has written a book about the $30 billion room letting website, and says, “Its clever algorithms are truly amazing: With no human in sight, they train many amateur hosts with self contained accommodation, to get so professional that Booking.com wants their places to satisfy the business travel markets demanding self catering over a long term hotel stay”
John has a property portfolio from Scotland to Kent.
Download John’s free support material HERE.